July 1, 2013

Sometimes, I cannot adapt to changes..

An aunt of mine who's married to a Chinese once told me that the bed shouldn't be placed facing directly to either the door or a window. Another Chinese man (the guy from the apartment's management office) then told Bunny last weekend that according to their (the Chinese, I assume) belief, it is not advisable to place the bed facing a door or the window.

Then last night, I moved the bed to face the wall instead of the window. I don't know why it took me THIS long to move it.. but oh well, at least I finally moved it! And you know what? I couldn't sleep! I went to bed around 11:00PM and was awake around 3 in the morning. No matter how hard I tried to get back to sleep (even tried the tip that I read somewhere in Fay's blog about how to get to sleep) .. still, I couldn't! What's worse was that somewhere along the line... I end up reminiscing the old days back when my family and I was a resident of Kunak. I remember all the things I did, both good and bad, growing up as a teen.. being slightly rebellious and all that. And then I remembered about that one time when I had a fight with my dad...

So there I was, lying on the bed, sobbing and crying as silent as I could, guilt-ridden, feeling bad for myself and wishing that I could just get on the phone and talked to someone. Of course, I did apologized to my dad back then... but for some reason, it hurts so much just to think about it last night.

And at one point, I actually imagined myself being that woman in the 'Eat, Pray, Love' book.. where she had a moment when she cried in the bathroom, confused and wanting to escape from it all. Except that I dare not cry in my bathroom in the middle of the night, alone... nanti ada 'lain' yang datang tinguk. Ha ha ha!

So.... yeah... I wish that I still have someone who I can talk to, no matter what time it is. I used to have someone, but now.. *sigh*. I don't even wanna talk about it anymore.

I'll blame it on the bed position move!


7 comments:

  1. my mom's side mmg more to chinese belief sbb moyang2 asal sina. my hubby la yg plg bingung2 ja dgr semua pantang larang. hahahaha... Ba, hrp2 mlm2 bisuk dan seterusnya ko dpt tidur nyenyak. blm besa ja ba tu.. jgn bnyk pikir aa.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya bah, I think my spirit belum besa with the new change baitu. He he. Hopefully tonight dapat tidur nyenyak! :D

      Delete
  2. Take care.....u have online friends always to chat...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey.. you know what? So far I already master the "sleep within 15 minutes" Get your most comfortable position, do not move your body & empty your mind. Do not play with hp or your tablet pc before sleep. Hope you can sleep deeply tonight..Mmmuaaahhh Mmuaaaahhh ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that reading novel or a book makes me fall asleep. LOL

      Yah, will try to master your "sleep within 15 minutes" juga. Ha ha ha

      Delete
  4. hi !

    yeah what they call that? feng shui? ini cina kan banyak pantang larang kan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I think it's feng shui laitu. Cina kan.. memang banyak pantang larang. heeee

      Delete